3rd Department of Internal Medicine
In the 3rd Department of Internal Medicine, patients are hospitalized with conditions that cover the entire range of Internal Medicine pathology. The long-term experience of the department's physicians in handling, diagnosis and treatment of difficult clinical cases guarantees the efficient treatment of patients, with the assistance of leading nursing staff and the use of state-of-the-art technology provided by the Henry Dunant Hospital Center.
The Unit operates under the supervision of the Internal Medicine – Diabetologist, Tsapogas Panagioti and offers its services to:
- patients with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- women with gestational diabetes
- patients with diabetic complications
- patients with diabetic foot
- Patients are subjected to clinical and laboratory examinations according to international standards and receive personalized instructions and training regarding their conditions, in collaboration with relevant medical specialties and the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics of the Henry Dunant Hospital Center.
Infectious Diseases Unit
The Unit operates under the supervision of the Internal Medicine – Infectious Diseases Specialist, Sourdi Areti and is actively involved with:
- patients with acute, chronic or recurrent infections of all organic systems
- patients with hospital-acquired infections
- infections in immunocompromised patients
- infections in women during pregnancy
- infections by specific pathogens requiring specialized diagnostic approach and therapeutic treatment
Provides advice on the prevention of infections, mainly through the implementation of adult vaccination programsThe Department is actively involved in educational activities for the public as well as the medical and nursing staff.
The medical staff of the Henry Dunant Hospital Center’s 3rd Department of Internal Medicine, is an important factor in its day-to-day smooth operation and high-level of response to our patient's needs. At the same time, the department’s staff undergoes continuous update training by participating at the Hospital's educational activities, case presentations and treatment protocols, while on a regular basis it attends international and Greek conferences. For more information as well as documented answers regarding issues that concern you or are related with the department, please contact our secretariat via the email address or the telephone number at the respective working hours.