Intensive Care Unit
The Intensive Care Unit comprises four polyvalent units with a 38- bed capacity, cutting edge technology and highly specialized medical and nursing staff.
It has a distinguished record having provided intensive care to over 16,000 patients.
It is equipped with contemporary ventilators, monitors for continuous patient monitoring, kidney dialysis devises, defibrillators, pacemakers and electrocardiographs.
It responds immediately to the needs of adult patients with severe and life-threatening diseases and injuries requiring intensive monitoring and treatment during their hospitalization and/or their transfer due to an emergency occurrence.
- Mechanical ventilation, prone position
- Esophageal - transpulmonary pressure measurement
- Respiratory function monitoring (respiratory pump, lungs)
- Hemodynamic monitoring
- Right heart catheterization
- Intra-aortic balloon pump placement (IABP)
- Percutaneous tracheostomy
- Hemodialysis / continuous hemofiltration procedures
- Chest drain/tube insertion
- Thoracentesis (paracentesis of the chest cavity), pericardial paracentesis
- Gastroscopy - colonoscopy
- Transcranial Doppler
- Heart – lung ultrasound
- Blood chemistry parameters: blood gases, electrolytes, lactic acid, etc. Diet, enteral, parenteral nutrition
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Extracorporeal CO2 removal
- The Henry Dunant Hospital Center’s Intensive Care Unit includes the following equipment:
- 24 modern ventilators
- 24 continuous patient monitors
- 2 artificial kidney machines (dialyzers)
- 4 defibrillators
- 6 pacemakers
- 4 electrocardiograph