- Director - Consultant Intensivist of the Accident & Emergency Department and Deputy-Director of the Department of Intensive Care Unit of “Henry Dunant Hospital Center”, Athens, Greece (May 2015 – now).
- Director - Consultant Intensivist of the Department of Intensive Care Unit of private hospitals / Clinics in Athens, Greece: “Iasio Clinic – General Clinic of Kallithea”, “Bioclinic of Athens – General Clinic of Athens” and “Central Clinic of Athens” successively (2005 – 2015).
- Consultant Intensivist, Department of Intensive Care Unit, “Henry Dunant Hospital”, Athens, Greece (2000 – 2005).
- Consultant Intensivist, Department of Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit, “Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center”, Athens, Greece (1998 – 2000).
- Consultant General Surgeon, Private Practice, Athens, Greece (1998 – 2014).
- Senior Registrar in General and Colorectal Surgery, “Frenchay Healthcare Trust”, Frenchay, Bristol, UK (1998).
- Senior Registrar in General and Vascular Surgery, “Royal Gwent Hospital”, Newport, South Wales, UK (1998).
- University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece (Medical Doctor Degree) (1982 -1989).
- Residency in Critical Care in USA, Surgical Critical Care Fellowship - Residency in Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, “University of Columbia”, Missouri, USA (1996 – 1997).
- Residency in General Surgery, “Western Reserve Care System”, Youngstown, OH, USA (1995 – 1996).
- Residency in General Surgery, “Monmouth Medical Center”, Long Branch, NJ, USA (1993 – 1995).
- Research Fellowship, Harvard Medical School, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Division of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery, Boston, MA, USA (1992-1993).
- Residency in General Surgery, “Athens Municipal Hospital – ELPIS”, Athens, Greece (1991 – 1992).
- Residency in General Surgery, “251 Hellenic Air Force and V.A. General Hospital”, Athens, Greece (1990 -1991).
- Certificate of Completion of Critical Care Specialty Training in Greece, License to practice Critical Care Medicine in Greece / Europe (after successful Board Examinations in Athens, Greece). (2004).
- Certificate of Completion of General Surgery Specialty Training, License to practice Surgery in Greece / Europe (after successful Board Examinations in Athens, Greece). (1998).
Recognitions & Awards
- Best presentation award at the 44th ESNE Congress, Greece (2017)
- Adult MCCKAP (Multidisciplinary Critical Care Knowledge Assessment Program) Examination. (American Society of Critical Care Medicine’s Examination), USA (1997).
- Member of the Society of Critical Care Medicine, California, USA (1997).
- ABSITE (The American Board of Surgery In-Training/Surgical Basic Science Examination): (Score: 95 percentile, test Sponsor: American Board of Surgery), USA (1996).
- A.C.L.S. (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) Certificate. (The United State Air Force Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, TX, USA) (1996)
- A.T.L.S. (Advanced Trauma Life Support) Certificate, USA (1995).
- B.L.S. (Basic Life Support) Certificate, USA (annually: 1993-1997).
- FLEX (Federation Licensing Examination) Certificate, Pennsylvania, USA (1993).
- Standard ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates) Certificate, USA (1992).
- License to practice Medicine in Greece (1989).
- Medical Doctor Degree, (Ptychion Iatrikes Diploma – Diploma in Medicine, MD), University of Athens Medical School, Greece (1989).
- Multiple research and clinical publications, oral and poster presentations, one book chapter.
- Publisher and editor-in-chief of the bimonthly medical newspaper titled "Health and Ethos" (2011 – 2014).