Kidney Dialysis Unit
The Kidney Dialysis Unit started operating in October 2001. It is part of the Nephrology Department and it offers its services on a 24 hour basis to both patients who are on a regular dialysis program and patients who present at the emergency. The Kidney Dialysis Unit prepares patients for hemodialysis treatment by performing dialysis catheter placement (temporary or permanent) as well as by surgically creating AVF communications (fistulae).
The hemodialysis area is equipped with all the necessary means for the treatment of all cases presented to the unit. Each bed is equipped with an oxygen delivery device and an intravenous drug delivery pump. The area is also equipped with an electrocardiograph, a portable suction unit and fully equipped crash cart with defibrillator, heart rate monitor and oximeters.
For the patients of the Kidney Dialysis Unit, special prices are available at Henry Dunant Hospital Center’s cafeteria, while parking spaces are provided for a symbolic fee.
The Henry Dunant Hospital Center’s state-of-the-art Kidney Dialysis Unit has:
- 30 hemodialysis machines (Fresenius 5008S) capable of applying all dialysis methods (classic hemodialysis, online hemodiafiltration)
- A variety of low and high flux hemodialysis filters (dialyzers)(Fresenius).
- A unit for Hepatitis B patients
- A state-of-the-art online water treatment system
- Electric motorized hospital beds and Wi-Fi connection in all rooms
- ISO 9001 certification for the Unit’s clinical and administrative operation
- Offers 24 hour support as well as immediate hemodialysis if judged necessary by the on call nephrologist
- A team for cardiopulmonary resuscitation emergency procedure (code blue) for acute cases
- Collaboration with the entire range of medical specialties as well as other specialties of the Henry Dunant Hospital Center, such as dieticians, physiotherapists, social workers, psychologists etc.