Medical Imaging and Interventional Radiology
The Imaging Department occupies 5,000 m2 space with comfortable patient reception areas as well as rooms in which imaging studies are performed along with the preparation and recovery of the patients.
It has two state-of-the-art digital fluoroscopy devices that perform all radiological examinations that require fluoroscopy, such as gastrointestinal tract passage, Intravenous Pyelograms, Salpingography, Myelography, Enteroclysis, etc Two more rooms are available in which all X-rays not requiring fluoroscopy are performed.
The Imaging Department also has a modern Imagining system with which Bone Density Tests are performed. All examinations conducted in the Imaging Department are Digital.
Digital Mammograms are conducted using the most advanced, internationally accredited Digital Mammography equipment in the world, which has been very recently acquired by the Department. In addition to Digital Mammograms performed for diagnostic purposes, the department performs HOOK wire placement whereas there is also the possibility of conducting stereotactic biopsies.
Two state-of-the-art machines which are equipped with all the necessary transducer probes.
By using all the most modern applications of ultrasounds such as 3D Imaging, Elastography, Use of contrast media, we are able to visualize the body organs and the vascular pathology. Apart from diagnostic examinations the department safely performs ultrasound-guided organ biopsies.
COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY DEPARTMENT
One multi-slice CT scanner is installed in the department.
MAGNETIC RESONANCE DEPARTMENT
Two MRI Scanners are installed and operate in the department, specifically 1.5Tesla and 1Tesla.
The Magnetic resonance imaging department performs MRI scans of the central nervous system, the spine, the organs of the body as well as angiographic imaging. Magnetic resonance imaging of both the heart and the breast is also performed.
The department has the necessary equipment to carry out examinations under sedation, where required.
INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY DEPARTMENT
Interventional Radiology consists a further specialization of the Clinical Radiology specialty. Interventions performed by the Interventional Radiologist are conducted by image-guided catheterization or paracentesis using specific catheters and devices. These procedures are usually performed with local anesthesia or with mild sedation (conscious sedation), whereas no surgical incision is required.
Examples of the procedures performed in our Department include but are not limited to.
- Diagnostic angiography, including all organs
- Peripheral vascular angioplasty, stent placement.
- Inferior vena cava filter placement.
- Endovascular stent graft placement (stent-grafts) for abdominal aortic aneurysms.
- Central venous access catheter placement for chemotherapy or hemodialysis.
- Embolization of vascular malformations, hemangiomas, solid or hollow organ hemorrhage embolization.
- Embolization of pseudoaneurysms, thrombolysis, thrombectomy.
- Intravascular foreign body removal.
- Draining of abscesses.
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography, biliary drainage and stenting.
- Hepatic chemoembolization
- Invasive hepatic procedures
- Percutaneous nephroureterostomy
- Kidney tumor embolization.
- Pneumothorax, pleural effusion drainage.
- Tracheal stenting and primary bronchi stenting.
- Imaging-guided solid organ biopsy (all organs) – CT or ultrasound guided biopsy.