Medical Imaging and Interventional Radiology
The Imaging Department occupies 5,000 m2 space with comfortable patient reception areas as well as rooms in which imaging studies are performed along with the preparation and recovery of the patients.
DEPARTMENT OF CLASSIC IMAGING
The Department of Classic Imaging has a Digital X-ray machine with fully automated options for the rapid performance of examinations as well as the ability of full leg full spine imaging with EASYSTICH technology.
Moreover, the Department has a state-of-the-art system for measuring bone density and muscle mass.
The Department has a Modern Digital Mammography System, with which, apart from mammograms, Stereotactic biopsies and preoperative targeting of the lesion are performed (HOOK placement)
The department has state-of-the-art ultrasound systems with cutting edge technology for performing all the classic and specialized ultrasonography examinations. Specifically:
- Use of Contrast Media
- Vessel Triplex
- High Resolution Breast Ultrasound
At the same time, a variety of ultrasound-guided invasive procedures are performed (FNA, biopsies, effusion drainage, etc.,) while it has state-of-the-art equipment for performing Targeted Prostate biopsy using Fusion Biopsy Technique.
COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY DEPARTMENT
It has two state-of-the-art 128 and 64-slice computed tomography scanners for conducting examinations with the lowest possible radiation and the maximum imaging quality. The department performs all specialized CT scans:
- Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography
- Computed Pyelography
- Three-Dimensional Imaging of the Musculoskeletal System
MAGNETIC RESONANCE DEPARTMENT
It has two state-of-the-art 1.5 Tesla magnetic resonance imaging scanners with cutting edge technology.
- SIEMENS Aera, friendly to claustrophobics
- PHILIPS D-stream, the only magnetic resonance imaging scanner with purely digital technology.
The department performs all routine examinations as well as specialized examinations. Specifically:
Specialized examinations of the central nervous system:
- CSF Flow Measurement
- Dementia - Neurodegenerative diseases
Specialized examinations of other anatomical areas:
- Multiparametric MRI of the prostate
- Magnetic Resonance Enterography
- Magnetic Resonance Pyelography
- Magnetic Resonance Mammography
- Three-Dimensional Biliary Tree Imaging – MRCP
- Assessment of Liver Fat and Iron Load
- Rectal Neoplasm Staging
INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY DEPARTMENT
Interventional radiology consists a further specialization of the Clinical Radiology specialty. The interventions are performed by image-guided catheterization or paracentesis using specific catheters and devices. Local anesthesia or mild sedation (conscious sedation) is usually used and no surgical incision is required.
- Guided organ biopsies
- Paracentesis / drainage of Effusions, Fluids, Abscesses, etc.
- Cyst Paracentesis / Drainage
- Diagnostic Angiography (arteriography, venography)
- Peripheral Vascular Angioplasty (balloon, stent)
- Angioplasty and opening of clotted dialysis fistula
- Treatment of aortic and peripheral vascular aneurysms or pseudoaneurysms
- Peripheral vascular Thrombolysis – Thrombectomy
- Treatment of Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism
- Inferior Vena Cava Filter (placement and removal)
- Embolization of Vascular Malformations, Hemangiomas, etc.
- Treatment of hemorrhages
- Intravascular foreign body retrieval
- Placement of Central Venous Catheters, Hemodialysis Catheters, picc, port,etc.
- Cholangiography - Biliary drainage and Stent Placement
- Liver chemoembolization
- Thermal ablation of liver tumors (metastases or primary)
- Percutaneous Port Placement for Selective Arterial Chemotherapy
- Transjugular liver biopsy
- Percutaneous Cholecystostomy
- Portal Vein Interventions (thrombolysis, embolization, angioplasty)
- Transjugular intrahepatic porto-systemic shunt (TIPSS)
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
- Ureteral JJ Stent placement
- Treatment of Kidney Tumors (Embolization, thermal ablation, cryoablation)
- Embolization of Spermatic Veins in Varicocele
- Embolization of the Ovarian or Iliac Veins for Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
- Fibroid Embolization
- Transjugular Renal Biopsy
Respiratory system procedures:
- Pneumothorax, Pleural Effusion Drainage
- Embolization in Hemoptysis
Digestive system procedures:
- Gastrostomy and Gastrojejunostomy
- Draining of abscesses
- Nasojejunal Feeding Catheter
- Treatment of Digestive System Hemorrhages