Blood Bank Department
The Blood Bank Department is one of the most important departments, since our hospital’s top priority is the provision of sufficient supplies of blood and blood products to hospitalized patients. It is worth noting that on an annual basis Henry Dunant Hospital Center is required to meet a demand of 10,000 units of blood and blood products. That is why special emphasis is given in finding blood donors from the patient’s family, who are encouraged to contact the Blood Bank Centers for blood donation.
- Blood and blood product supply (platelets, plasma, red blood cells) from the Blood Bank Center of General State Hospital of Athens
- Optimal blood and blood product preservation in the appropriate spaces, refrigerators and freezers
- Compatibility testing performed between the donated/supplied blood type and the patient’s blood sample
- Providing blood and blood products to the individual departments of Henry Dunant Hospital Center
- The investigation of any undesirable reaction, in order to record the clinical and laboratory findings and to enrich the scientific experience and knowledge in our country
The Department is staffed by the necessary scientific and specialized nursing staff to ensure excellent service of donors and patients, as well as excellent functioning of its services.
Because of the demanding and important nature of its work, the Department has all the equipment required for a state-of-the-art blood bank center.