The Emergency Department (ED) operates 24/7 and is staffed by experienced medical, nursing and paramedical personnel, with all medical specialties on call.
It features a central infirmary, all the required facilities for admission, diagnosis and treatment of emergencies, as well as a separate accounting office for faster service.
It is one of the largest emergency departments in Greece, with 8 separate examination beds, a separate minor surgery room and a separate area used for observation of patients with severe conditions and injuries.
The department is responsible for the reception and screening of any emergency case presenting at the Henry Dunant Hospital Center. The department quickly and effectively treats:
- traumatic or other acute, life-threatening health condition. Following stabilization in the ED, the patient will be directly transferred to the appropriate unit to receive definitive treatment (surgery, ICU, hemodynamics, etc.).
- any internal medicine problem, surgical, or other health problem that requires immediate investigation and treatment in the ED; the patient is then admitted to the appropriate department of the hospital or discharged
- short-term hospitalization in the ED until a decision of discharge or admission is made
Every patient with an acute, emergency problem coming to Henry Dunant Hospital Center is treated:
- on a 24-hour basis
- immediately,without delay
- by all the basic medical specialties
- with the potential to undergo comprehensive diagnostic, laboratory and radiology examination (ECHO, CT, MRI, etc.)
The department is staffed by highly experienced personnel, including:
- Physicians of all specialties
- Paramedical specialties
The Henry Dunant Hospital Center’s ED has all the necessary facilities for the treatment of emergency cases.