In the Allergy Clinic, all allergic diseases, both acute conditions and chronic problems, are diagnosed and treated.
The full qualified medical and nursing staff of the Allergy Department provides patients with high quality health services. Early diagnosis, correct information, prevention instructions and treatment of allergic diseases are the department’s priority.
Diagnosis and treatment of allergic diseases, such as:
- Allergic skin diseases (Acute and chronic urticaria, Angioedema, Atopic dermatitis, Contact Dermatitis)
- Allergic respiratory diseases, such as allergic rhinitis, allergic bronchial asthma, chronic rhinosinusitis with polyps
- Food allergy
- Eosinophilic disorders of the gastrointestinal tract
- Hymenoptera venom allergy (bee, wasp)
- Drug allergy
- Allergic diseases and pregnancy
The Allergy clinic performs the full range of tests required for the correct diagnosis and treatment of allergic diseases. In detail:
- Skin prick allergy testing (allergy tests) for respiratory (aeroallegen) allergies is carried out, such as pollen, dust, pet dander, fungi) in allergic rhinitis and allergic asthma
- Skin and intradermal skin tests on drugs, drug allergy investigation, food allergy investigation
- Skin and intradermal skin tests with hymenoptera venom (wasp, bee) for the investigation of drug allergies
- Patch tests for chemical substances found in cosmetics, dyes, etc.
- Drug, food, and nasal allergen provocation/challenge tests to aeroallergens, if required to document the diagnosis.
- Peak flow tests and spirometry for the diagnosis and monitoring of asthma.
For the treatment of allergic diseases, the following is carried out:
- Specific desensitization therapy (immunotherapy) with aeroallergens in patients with allergic rhinitis and/or asthma
- Specific desensitization therapy with hymenoptera venom in patients with hymenoptera allergy.
- Treatment with the administration of biological agents, where indicated, in patients with asthma, urticaria, atopic dermatitis and chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps.
- Drug desensitization test