3rd Department of Urology
The 3rd Department of Urology of Henry Dunant Hospital Center manages and treats the entire range of urinary tract diseases of either gender, both at the diagnostic and the surgical level. The particularity of the department is that in addition to the usual urology conditions, we have the knowledge and experience to offer effective solutions to the less common urological conditions related to reconstructive urology, implantable urological devices and iatrogenic urological complications.
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Transurethral resection of prostatic adenoma with bipolar diathermy TURis (for adenomas of 40 to 160 cc in volume)
- Transvesical open enucleation for prostate adenoma (for adenomas >160 cc)
- Epididymal cysts
- Frenuletomy of the penis for treatment of short frenulum
- Testicular (micro-TESE) and penile biopsies
- Electrocautery of HPV of the penis
- Extracorporeal lithotripsy (ESWL) for the treatment of renal or ureteral calculi
- Ureterolithotripsy with Holmium Laser for the treatment of ureteral calculi, regardless of size
- Nephrolithotripsy with flexible uretero-nephroscope endoscope and Holmium Laser for the treatment of renal calculi of up to 3 cm in size
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotripsy (PCNL) for the treatment of renal calculi >3 cm in size.
Urinary tract neoplasms:
Renal and ureter neoplasms
- Open or laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for tumors of >4 cm.
- Partial open nephrectomy for tumors <4 cm.
- Open or laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for tumors of the collecting area of the kidney.
- Holmium Laser endoscopic removal of small superficial ureteral tumors.
Urinary bladder neoplasms
- Transurethral resection of urinary bladder tumors
- Radical cystectomy for the treatment of infiltrative urinary bladder tumors and urine diversion in uretero-dermostomies, ileostomy or orthotopic neobladder, depending on the stage of the disease.
- Radical prostatectomy with preservation of the neurovascular bundles for the protection of the patient’s erectile function and urinary continence.
- Testicular and penile neoplasms
- Radical orchiectomy with or without testicular prosthesis placement.
- Retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy in metastatic testicular neoplasm
- Partial penectomy.
- Radical penectomy with inguinal lymphadenectomy.
- Urethral diverticulum
- Urinary incontinence treatment with tension-free vaginal tape
- Cystocele repair with anterior colporrhaphy
- Cystocele repair with placement of surgical mesh
- Enterocele repair with posterior colporrhaphy and perineoplasty
- Open sacrocolpopexy with mesh for the treatment of combined cystocele and uterine prolapse
- Colpocleisis for the treatment of neglected prolapse cases in elderly women.
- Open or laparoscopic pyeoloplasty for the treatment of congenital ureteropelvic junction obstruction.
- Artificial urinary sphincter placement for the treatment of urinary incontinence in men
- Transobturator tape placement for the treatment of urinary incontinence in men (for mild urinary incontinence)
- Penile hydraulic prosthesis implantation for the treatment of severe erectile function.
- Plastic surgery of the cavernous bodies for the treatment of penile curvature (Peyronie’s disease).
- Vesicovaginal fistula repair following hysterectomy.
- Ureterovaginal fistula repair following hysterectomy.
- Urethrovaginal fistula repair with Martius flap.
- Urethroenteric fistula repair in men (postoperative or post-radiation) using a gracilis muscle flap.
Urethral strictures (congenital, iatrogenic, post-traumatic)
- End-to-end anastomotic urethroplasty.
- Buccal mucosa graft urethroplasty.
- Permanent perineal urethrostomy.
- Two-stage urethroplasty.
At the disposal of the Department is the entire medical technology with which the Henry Dunant Hospital Center is equipped, to offer the most advanced and effective services to each patient.