1st Department of Urology
The 1st Urological Department is mainly responsible for the diagnosis and surgical treatment of male and female urinary system diseases and male genital system, emphasizing on oncology and reconstructive surgery in men and women. By following cutting-edge techniques that drastically restrict hospitalization time and increase the effectiveness of each intervention, the Department of Urology provides high-level, people-centered care and improved quality of life. At the same time, in the framework of integrated care of scheduled and urgent cases, each patient has also the opportunity to visit the Department’s Outpatient Urology Clinic.
Outpatient Urology ClinicApart from Henry Dunant Hospital Center’s 1st Department of Urology, a fully equipped outpatient Urology Clinic operates in the premises in order to provide the most integrated service for each patient, even for a condition requiring immediate emergency treatment. The Clinic offers:
- Immediate care
- Examination of urological diseases
- Local adjuvant chemotherapy for the treatment of superficial bladder cancer with chemotherapeutic medicines or BCG immunotherapy
- Treatment of prostate cancer: Conventional treatment, laparoscopic treatment, and modern techniques for maintaining erectile function and continence.
- Treatment of bladder cancer:
- vast amount of surgical experience - modern restoration techniques - use of small or large intestine for an orthotopic or heterotopic neobladder reconstruction in men and women for bladder replacement following radical cystectomy or prostatectomy - application of modified radical cystectomy for high grade continence and erectile function in special cases.
- Treatment of bladder papillomas: using bipolar diathermy, Laser.
- Treatment of kidney cancer: treatment of all stages with radical nephrectomy by conventional open method (transperitoneal or lumbar incision), or laparoscopic radical nephrectomy and partial nephrectomy (open or laparoscopic)
- Treatment of adrenal tumors and tumors of the collecting area of the kidney (renal pelvis, ureter)
- Treatment of tumors of the retroperitoneal space
- Treatment of testicular tumors with experience and immediate restoration with testicular prosthesis.
- Congenital malformations of the urinary tract: such as ureteropelvic junction stenosis, congenital megaureter, vesicoureteral reflux
- Urethral stricture and cryptorchidism with vast amount of surgical experience.
- Acquired anatomical lesions of the urethra and the ureter by applying modern surgical techniques.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Treatment with modern, noninvasive techniques with less than 48 hours required hospitalization time, such as:
- photoselective vaporization of the prostate (green light laser, PVP)
- transurethral resection of prostate adenoma with bipolar diathermy (TURIS prostatectomy)
- transvesical open enucleation for prostate adenoma
- placement of special intraprostatic stent under local anesthesia for specific cases.
- percutaneous Laser lithotripsy for the treatment of renal staghom calculi (coral stones)
- ureterolithotripsy for the treatment of ureteral calculi
- ureteral-pyelolithotripsy for the treatment of renal pelvis calculi
- cystolithotripsy for the treatment of bladder calculi
- Fistulae (vesicovaginal and ureterovaginal)
- Uterine prolapse
- Cystocele, enterocele
With continuous training and increasing experience in urodynamic urology and neurourology, we can achieve:
- accurate diagnosis of urinary disorders and dysfunctions
- more effective and personalized treatment
- Treatment of difficult erectile dysfunction cases with penile prosthesis implantation
- Infertility diagnosis due to the center’s modern laboratory facilities
- Surgical intervention of clinical varicocele cases with high levels of success