With a strategic agreement that ensures full medical coverage in diagnostic tests and hospitalization for all athletes of the National Basketball Teams, the Henry Dunant Hospital Center (HDHC) and the Hellenic Basketball Federation (HBF) are now charting a common course. From now on, HDHC shall be the “Official Supporter of the National Basketball Teams”, with an exclusive partnership in the field of health care.
The agreement, which has been initially set for two years and executed at the HBF headquarters by the President of the Federation, Mr. Evangelos Liolios, and the President and CEO of the Henry Dunant HC, Mr. Themos Charamis with the General Director Mr. Georgios Skourtis, shall ensure for the international basketball players of all age categories free high-quality medical services in one of the country’s most modern hospital centers, certified by the leading International Organization Joint Commission International (JCI). During this two-year period, HDHC will be by the side of the national teams in major basketball events such as the Eurobasket, the World Championships and the 2024 Olympic Games, supporting the vision and goals of the Federation.
This major agreement, which is part of HDHC’s social sponsorship programme, is the starting point for further collaboration between the hospital and HBF through the joint organization of Corporate Social Responsibility actions. The relevant contract provides inter alia for:
- Free medical (diagnostic and nursing) services for the National Teams’ delegations (athletes, technical staff, stewards, chaperones) of all age categories (over 14 years old)
- Preparticipation screening for the athletes of the national teams
- Nationwide coverage for the provision of free health care services for athletes of all age categories and their accompanying persons taking part in events under the auspices of the HBF, either directly from the Henry Dunant or through centres affiliated to the hospital
- National team delegations shall be accompanied by an orthopaedic doctor of the Henry Dunant
- Coverage of HBF events (National Teams, the final phase of the Greek Basketball Cup, as well as selected tournaments and actions of the Federation) withan ambulance during the matches
- Provision of privileges - discount cards to national-level athletes and employees of the HBF.
At the signing of the agreement, the President and CEO of HDHC Mr. Themos Charamis remarked: “Greek basketball and the National Team play a key role in the country’s sports history. All of us in Henry Dunant Hospital Center are proud to be able to contribute to the new pages of this course through our own contribution, by providing high quality health services to all athletes.
We hope that our partnership with the Hellenic Basketball Federation and the relationship of trust we are building, will continue to exist and grow through many joint actions. In the upcoming Eurobasket we will be by our national team’s side, certain that we will experience with them great successes ”.
For his part, the President of the Hellenic Basketball Federation, Mr. Evangelos Liolios, said: “Health is the most precious commodity for every human being, and its care must be a key concern. The needs of athletes in both prevention and control and—unfortunately—quite often in the rehabilitation of injuries are great. With this major partnership the Hellenic Federation is working to provide the best possible conditions. The Henry Dunant Hospital Center and its excellent staff are a guarantee for the provision of medical services of the highest level, whereas the partnership between us marks the beginning of a common course that will be extended to many areas and will be accompanied by important joint actions”.