The HORIZON Wi HOLOGIC model is a bone density measuring machine manufactured with non-toxic materials, according to the RoHS European Directive.
- Optimal separation of soft tissues and bones
- Examination of big patients without increasing the examination time
- Very high quality of diagnostic images
In addition, the HORIZON Wi bone density measuring machine features the following:
- Special Trabecular Bone Scoring Software that performs an evaluation of the bone composition of the lumbar spine in adult patient examinations. The result is expressed as a score (TBS, Trabecular Bone Score), which is related to the micro-architecture of the bone density and the risk of fracture, irrespective of BMD values (prediction of probability of fracture).
- Special Advanced Body Composition Analysis Software (accurately measures body fat percentage) that produces color images of high quality, which depict in an extremely detailed way fat, tissue and bone distribution, facilitating the diagnosis and identification of appropriate treatment.
- It can also extract individual measurements from the abdomen and up to 10 adjustable subareas, to female and male populations, with simultaneous color coding of the areas according to fat percentage and distribution.
- Scanning speed of 30-45 sec in basic protocols regardless of the body weight of the person being examined, unlike other machines whose speed varies depending on the body type.
- Pioneering protocol which separates the subcutaneous from the visceral fat and allows for a clearer and more accurate assessment of metabolic diseases.
- It accepts a patient weight greater than 200 kg