4th Internal Medicine – Oncology Clinic
The Hospital’s 4th Oncology Clinic and Clinical Studies Clinic constitutes an integrated unit for the diagnosis, treatment, recovery and follow-up of patients with all types of solid tumors (Cancers of the Respiratory, Gastrointestinal, Gynecological, Urinary and Musculoskeletal System). It is staffed by Physicians specializing in Internal Medicine Oncology, as well as Nursing and Administrative Staff.
In the One Day Clinic, more than 100 sessions of chemotherapy, immunotherapy or biological (targeted) treatment are performed per month. The clinic also offers the capability hospitalization and support, when necessary. At the same time, there is an extensive network of collaboration with all the specialties required for the holistic support of the oncology patient (nutritionist, physiotherapist, psychologist, home care program). Finally, the Clinic is engaged in the field of Clinical Research, enabling selected patients who have exhausted all approved therapies to participate in clinical trials that provide free access to innovative oncology treatments under investigation, with an emphasis primarily on lung cancer.
- Chemotherapy, immunotherapy, biological (targeted) therapy sessions or a combination of the above based on rigorous scientific data.
- On an individual basis, the clinic offers the capability of performing radiotherapy in collaboration with external centers.
- Performing a wide range of diagnostic tests, imaging, laboratory, molecular biology and genetics (genetic testing to assess response to treatment).
- Conditional inclusion in clinical trials of early access to innovative oncology treatments under investigation, through a wide range of clinical trials in Oncology available to the Clinic, with an initial and particular emphasis on lung cancer.
- Enables the hospitalization, support, treatment of side effects and complications with a wide network of collaboration with all medical specialties.
- Physiotherapy support.
- Nutritional support.
- Psychological support (provided free of charge through the Hospital’s interconnected psychological support program.
- Patients have the option of home care in collaboration with an external network of partners.
- Area of safe preparation and dilution of cytotoxic drugs with a vertical laminar flow cabinet.
- Possibility of chemotherapy administration at home under certain conditions with the use of an electronic high flow rate accuracy pump