4th Department of Cardiology/Interventional Cardiology and Structural Diseases
The 4th Department of Cardiology / Interventional Cardiology and Structural Diseases of the Henry Dunant Hospital Center covers the entire spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic treatment of adult heart diseases, with an emphasis on the invasive treatment of coronary artery disease, valvular heart diseases and other structural heart diseases.
The department, in collaboration with the other medical staff of Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, utilizes state-of-the-art-technology to provide full coverage and treatment of complex heart conditions requiring interventional diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
These include diagnostic catheterizations and coronary angiographies, as well as the entire spectrum of coronary interventions, such as angioplasty, atherectomy and stent placement.
The department offers considerable experience in the invasive treatment of structural diseases and valvular diseases, by transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) and mitral valve repair with Mitral Clip. The Director of the Department leaded the team which carried out the first TAVI procedures in Greece and has great international experience in the field, holding a professorship in Cardiology at a large University Center in the USA.
- Clinical assessment and follow-up of all patients with heart diseases.
- Left and Right Cardiac Catheterization.
- Coronary angiographies.
- Hemodynamic assessment of patients with Heart Failure and Valvular diseases.
- Hemodynamic assessment of patients with pulmonary hypertension with NO and sodium nitroprusside response assays.
- Myocardial biopsy.
- Coronary heart disease assessment with intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) imaging
- Functional assessment of coronary stenosis with intracoronary pressure measurement and Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) measurement.
- Functional assessment of coronary microcirculation with intracoronary pressure and flow measurement, FFR, Coronary Flow Reserve (CFR) and Hyperaemic Microvascular Resistance (HMR) measurement.
- Angioplasty with or without stents in patients with coronary artery disease, including high risk patients with complex stenoses.
- Coronary stenosis atherectomy.
- Percutaneous valvuloplasty for the treatment of mitral valve stenosis with the INOUE method.
- Percutaneous valvuloplasty for the treatment of aortic valve stenosis.
- Percutaneous placement of prosthetic valves (TAVI) in patients with aortic valve stenosis and increased surgical risk.
- Percutaneous procedures to reduce mitral regurgitation with closure of mitral valve cusps applying the method of Mitral Clip placement.
- Interventions in other structural diseases, such as tricuspid valve diseases, pulmonary valve stenosis and left atrial appendage exclusion.
- Clinic of valvular disease and other structural conditions at the HENRY DUNANT Hospital Center.
- Two hemodynamic laboratory rooms, fully equipped with Philips systems with state-of-the-art technology.
- Complete set of materials and equipment for carrying out the aforementioned procedures, including IVUS, FFR, CFR, HMR systems, Transeptal Catheterization, TAVI, Mitral Clips etc.