4th Department of Urology
The 4th Department of Urology deals with all areas of urology, focusing on the patient’s needs to better treat diseases, by providing specialized health services in all levels, from the outpatient clinic to the post-operative follow-up of our patients.
- Endoscopic treatment of superficial bladder cancer and intravesical infusions of both immunotherapy and chemotherapy
- Treatment of invasive bladder cancer by radical cystectomy and urinary diversion (with ileostomy and ureterostomy) and lymphadenectomy.
- Treatment of upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma (UTUC)/transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) with minimally invasive endoscopic treatment using flexible ureteropyeloscopy and resection/ablation of the superficial lesions as well as radical nephroureterectomy with laparoscopic or open access surgery.
- Treatment of renal cancer by applying both laparoscopic or open partial nephrectomy, and laparoscopic or open radical nephrectomy.
- Treatment of prostate cancer using open and laparoscopic techniques, while at the same time, maintaining urinary continence and erectile function.
- Treatment of urethral cancer.
- Treatment of penile cancer with either partial or total penectomy.
- Treatment of testicular cancer.
- Treatment of the ureteropelvic junction syndrome using minimally invasive techniques such as, ureteroscopic and percutaneous Laser endopyelotomy, as well as laparoscopic pyeloplasty.
- Ureteral stricture with endoscopic treatment (stricture dilation, laser transureteral resection, intraluminal Memokath stent placement)
- Treatment of urethral strictures with endoscopic treatment and urethroplasty using grafts, as well as treatment of urethral meatal stenosis with the application of meatotomy.
Endourology and lithiasis
- Holistic treatment of lithiasis performed at the outpatient clinic, including treatment and long-term follow-up
- Extracorporeal lithotripsy for all calculi (stones) (kidney, ureter, bladder)
- Endourological treatment of ureteral calculi, applying both rigid and flexible ureteroscopes and using Holmium laser for stone ablation.
- Endourological treatment of renal calculi (kidney stones), using both flexible ureteropyeloscopy for stones up to 3 cm, as well as transdermal (percutaneous) access with both conventional and mini nephroscopes for larger stones and stones of the lower renal pole. Moreover, the department uses combined treatment with percutaneous access as well as flexible ureteropyeloscopy (ECIRS).
- Endourological treatment of bladder stones using a mechanical lithotriptor or holmium laser.
Endourology and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Treatment of prostatic hyperplasia by transurethral resection of the prostate adenoma using TURIS 2.
- Treatment of prostate hyperplasia by prostatic gland enucleation using TURIS 2.
- Treatment of prostatic hyperplasia with laser use, such as Green light, prostatectomy/ablation.
- Specialized outpatient clinic for the holistic treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Intracavernous injections
- Shock waves
- Intrapenile prosthesis
- Treatment of premature ejaculation
- Treatment of Peyronie’s disease with the use of grafts
- Circumcision / Frenulectomy of the penis
- Wart treatment using CO2 Laser cautery
- Microsurgical treatment of varicocele
- Microsurgical testicular biopsy [(micro TESE (microsurgical testicular sperm extraction)]
Urogynecology and urinary incontinence
- Urodynamic study
- Placement of prosthetic mesh and incontinence tapes [TVT (tension free vaginal tape), TOT (transobturator tape) & male sling]
- Artificial urinary sphincter placement.