1st Department of Orthopedics
The 1st Department of Orthopedics provides comprehensive, advanced and innovative treatment for joint diseases. The department performs more than five hundred surgical procedures on an annual basis, while the clinics of the department offer conservative treatments for a multiple number of patients. Its activities range from the treatment of athletic (sports) injuries and complex lesions of articular cartilage to individualized minimal invasive arthroplasty and complex revisions. It achieves short hospitalization in relation to international practice, a low complication rate and high patient satisfaction.
- Athletic (sport) injuries of shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, ankle: shoulder instability, shoulder tendon lesions, elbow epicondylitis, hip impingement, cruciate ligaments, meniscus.
- Minimally invasive treatment of cartilage damage in the knee and the shoulder.
- Revisions of hip and knee arthroplasty
- Regenerative medicine therapies (PRP, stem cells, chondrocytes, collagen scaffolds and hyaluronic acid)
- Spinal conditions: herniated disc, spinal stenosis, scoliosis
- Osteoporosis and chronic musculoskeletal pain
- Navigator for arthroplasty and anterior cruciate ligament
- Latest generation computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging for immediate provision of the diagnostic result to the orthopedic doctor, who will in turn determine the type of patient’s treatment.
Operating rooms that are fully equipped with all advanced means and high quality equipment, such as:
- Arthroscopy towers
- Special surgical tables for fractures or total arthroplasty using the AMIS technique
- Orthopedic X-ray equipment
- Electronic microscopes for nerve or vascular injury restoration
- Complete surgical kits depending on the type of each surgical intervention.