6th Clinic of Surgery
The 6th Clinic of Surgery was created in order to provide specialized medical services focusing on advanced Laparoscopic Surgery of the abdomen. From the broad area of general surgery we have chosen and deal almost exclusively with
- surgery of the digestive system (gallbladder, large and small intestine, appendix, stomach and anal diseases)
- and abdominal wall surgery (hernias)
Our long experience in Laparoscopic Surgery and the constant updating of knowledge and surgical methods, allows us to offer our patients the best possible treatment for any problem related to our specialization.
Especially in oncological diseases, our patients' cases are discussed in the weekly Oncology Council of Henry Dunant Hospital Center in order to determine the right treatment plan, based on the international guidelines.
At the same time our patients benefit from all the known advantages of Laparoscopic Surgery:
– Clearly less trauma, smaller incisions and with less pain.
– Lower rates of bleeding and cross-contamination.
– Less chances of postoperative hernias
– Faster recovery and mobilization.
– Shorter hospital stay.
– Immediate return in daily activities
– Clearly better aesthetic result.
- LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY OF THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for
- Cholelithiasis/ Acute cholecystitis
- Gallbladder polyps
Large intestine diseases:
- Oncological laparoscopic colectomy for colon cancer.
The treatment plan for each patient is determined based on the recommendationsof the Oncology Council of Henry Dunant Hospital Center.
- Laparoscopic colectomy for benign diseases of the large intestine (diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis)
Diseases of the appendix
- Laparoscopic appendectomy for acute appendicitis
Small intestine diseases
- Laparoscopic treatment of
- small intestine tumors
- adhesion ileus
- Laparoscopic treatment of benign stomach conditions
- Laparoscopic/open surgery for gastric cancer
The treatment plan for each patient is determined based on the recommendations of the Oncology Council of Henry Dunant Hospital Center.
- LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY OF HERNIAS
Abdominal wall surgery is a field that we are particularly active in and this allows us to treat the entire range of hernias laparoscopically with excellent results, regardless of difficulty.
- Inguinal hernia (laparoscopic repair TEP / TAPP)
- Umbilical hernia (laparoscopic repair e-TEP / IPOM)
- Postoperative ventral (abdominal) hernia (laparoscopic repair e-TEP / IPOM)
- Recurrent hernia (laparoscopic repair e-TEP / IPOM)
- Femoral hernia (laparoscopic repair TEP / TAPP)
- Epigastric hernia (laparoscopic repair e-TEP)
- Spigelian hernia (laparoscopic repair e-TEP / IPOM)
- ANAL SURGERY
- Hemorrhoidal disease
- Painless hemorrhoidal coagulation Hal-Rar
- Hemorrhoidectomy Milligan-Morgan/Ferguson
- Anal fistula / abscess
- Anal fissure
- SURGERY FOR SKIN CONDITIONS
- Pilonidal cyst
- Subcutaneous growths (cysts, lipomas)
- Benign and malignant skin growths
(nevi, skin cancers)