1st Clinic of Vascular Surgery
The clinic treats all arterial, venous and lymphatic diseases, as well, according to contemporary international protocols and the most advanced surgical methods.
In many cases, the use of minimally invasive technics reduces the patient's hospitalization and speeds up recovery.
- Carotid stenosis-cervical vessels stenosis (classical – endovascular treatment)
- Aortoiliac occlusive disease – peripheral occlusive arterial disease (bypass-angioplasty-stent placement). Moreover, hybrid procedures are performed where indicated (combination of angioplasty with open surgical repair).
- Renal artery stenosis-renal hypertension
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm. The endovascular aortic repair (EVAR) is the method of choice in cases where anatomically allowed and in special cases in cooperation with the interventional / radiology department. In any other cases, open surgical repair is the method of choice leading to excellent results.
- Iliac, peripheral, visceral artery aneurysms.
- Vascular access for patients with chronic renal failure subjected to hemodialysis. The clinic covers the needs of the hospital’s kidney dialysis unit, as well as many other units in Attica region and other areas in the country.
The following procedures are performed: Arteriovenous malformation –arteriovenous stent graft placement, while the patient remains at the hospital for only a few hours.
- Diabetic foot. A specialized clinic operates in a coordinated and cooperative fashion with other specialties.
- Venous diseases
- Lower extremity varicose veins (stripping, endolazer, thermal ablation, RF, sclerotherapy, combination of foam sclerotherapy & laser), with minimum hospital stay and same-day discharge.
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Venous thrombosis
- Inferior vena cava filter placement
- Venous lakes (laser treatments, sclerotherapy, foam sclerotherapy).
- Lymphatic diseases
- Lymphoedema (primary, secondary following lymphadenectomy)
Special vascular diseases
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Vasospastic syndromes, Raynaud’s syndrome
- Buerger’s disease
- Hemangiomas, arteriovenous malformations, arterial communications, arterial-venous malformations, vascular ectasias.
The clinic’s medical team participates in interventions performed by surgical specialties where the assistance of vascular surgeons is deemed necessary, due to the complexity that arises from the involvement of vessels in existing pathology.
The Department’s operation is supported by a fully equipped Radiology Department (vascular ultrasound - triplex, angiography, embolization, etc.), as well as a hematology department that specializes in thrombosis. It guarantees comprehensive and accurate management of vascular surgery patients in all respects by assisting the physician and units of all specialties, where and when necessary.