3rd Clinic of General Surgery
5th Floor - Building A'
- Director 3rd Department of Surgery, Henry Dunant Hospital Center, 2014 to present time
- Professor of Surgery, Chairman 2nd Department of Surgery, Medical School University of Athens, Aretaieion Hospital, 2007-2014
- Lecturer/Assistant/Associate Professor of Surgery, Medical School University of Athens, Aretaieion Hospital, 1982-2014
- Athens Medical School, University of Athens, 1965-1971
- Training in Surgery, Aretaieion Hospital, 1975-1979
- Doctoral Thesis University of Athens, 1979
- Main field of interest: Surgical Oncology, Surgical Infections
- Clinical Fellow, Tulane University, New Orleans, US, 1980-1982
Recognitions & Awards
- Member of Senate, University of Athens (1989-1991, 1999-2001)
- Vice President, Medical School, University of Athens (1999-2001)
- Chairman Board of Directors Aretaieion & Aiginiteion University Hospitals (1999-2001, 2013-2014)
- Founding Member European Society for Surgical Infections (1987)
- Member of Steering Committee of the Society, Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the European Congress of the Society (1991)
- Member of the Executive Committee, International Society of Surgery (2010-2014)
Author and co-author in over a hundred papers. The most relevant and representative of my scientific work are:
- Role of early and extensive surgery in the treatment of severe necrotizing soft tissue infection. D. Voros, C Pissiotis, D. Georgantas, S. Katsaragakis, S. Antoniou, J. Papadimitriou. Brit J Surg 1993; 80(9):1190-1191.
- Immediate results of operations for esophageal varices. D. Voros, G. Androulakis, Ι. Ε. Mallas, C. Feretis J. Papadimitriou. Hell J Gastroenterology 1993,6(3):251-260.
- Pelvic floor reconstruction after major cancer surgery. D. Voros, G. Frangulidis, Th. Theodosopoulos, C. Mavrantonis, L. Samanidis, C. Papavassiliou, J. Papadimitriou. Dis Colon Rectum, 1996; 39: 1232-1234.
- Percutaneous drainage of abdominal abscesses. Using large lumen tubes under computed tomographic control. D. Voros, Α Gouliamos, G. Kotoulas, D. Kouloheri: G. Saloum, Α. Kalovidouris. Eur J Surg, 1996; 162(11): 895-898.
- RetroperitoneaI Tumors: Do the sateIlite tumors mean something? D. Voros, D. Theodorou, Κ. VentourI: Α. Prachalias, Ν Danias, Α. Gouliamos. J Surg Oncol. 1998; 68(1):30-33.
- The real incidence of extracapsuiar (sateIIite) cysts of Iiver echinococcus. D. Voros, Α. Kalovidouris, Α. Gou/iamos, L. Vlachos, Ν. Danias, J.Papadimitriou. ΗΡΒ Surgery 1999; 11:249-252.
- SpIenomegaIy and left sided portal hypertension. Voros D, MaIIas Ε, Antoniou Α, Kafantari Ε, Kokoris SI, Smyrniotis ν, PangaIis GA. Α Gastroenterol 2005; 18(3):341-345.
- Lower retroperitoneaI necrosis ίη necrotising pancreatitis complications arising from the colon. Voros D, Polymeneas G, MaIlas Ε, Fragulides GP, Kinoglou G, Gouliamos Α. Hellenic Journal of Surgery 2006;78(5):304-307.
- Surgical Techniques for the Management of Enteroatmospheric FistuIa. Αth. Marinis, G. Gkiokas, G. Anastasopoulos, G. Fragulidis, Th. Theodosopoulos, Th. Kotsis, D. Mastorakos, G. Polymeneas, and D. Voros. SurgicaI Infections, Vol. 10, Number Ι, 2009, DOI: 10.1089/sur.2008.044
- Long-term resuits with the modified sugiura procedure for the management of variceal bleeding: standing the test of time ίn the treatment of bleeding esophageal varices. Voros D, Polydorou Α, Polymeneas G, Vassiliou L Melemeni Α, Chondrogiannis Ι,Arapoglou V, Fragulidis GP. World J Surg 2012; 36:659-666
- Enteroatmospheric fistulae-Gastrointestinal openings in the open abdomen: A review and recent proposal of a surgical technique. A.Marinis, G.Gkiokas, E.Argyra, G.Fragulidis, G.Polymeneas, D.Voros. Scandinavian J of Surg,102: 61-68, 2013.
The Prophylactic Use of Antibiotics in Surgery. Voros D., Hellenic J Surg, 2018;90:2,61.
- Letter to the Editor-Retroperitoneal sarcomas with initial multifocality: A challenge that remains to be defined. Voros D., J Surg Oncol.,2019;120:1510-1511.
- Pelvic Floor Reconstruction after Major Cancer Surgery, by using the Terminal Ileum: How I do it. Voros D., Hellenic J Surg 2020;92:2,114-115.