- Head of 1st Medical Oncology Dept. Henry Dunant Hospital Center (2016-present)
- Head of Internal Medicine Dept., General Hospital of Chania (2009-2015)
- Head of Medical oncology Dept. , General Hospital of Chania “Agios Georgios” (2001-2016)
- Senior Registrar of Medical Oncology Dept., General Hospital of Athens “Evangelismos” (1997-2001)
- Registrar of 1st Medical Oncology Dept., Anticancer Hospital “Metaxa” (1987-1997)
- Institut Jules Bordet, Cancerologie Medical (University of Brussels Oncology Centre) (1990-1992)
- Medical Oncology title of specialization, Athens prefecture, East Athens sector, 14199/1-7-1999, (1999)
- Diplome de competence particuliere en Cancerologie, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, (1992)
- Internal Medicine title of specialization, Piraeus prefecture, Y.Y 214.204/10-7-1987, (1987)
- B.Sc. in Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, (1980)
- Infectiology title of specialization (Ministry of Health and Welfare) (1997)
- Specialization in infections of cancer patients (Institut Jules Bordet, Bruxelles, Belgique) (1991)
Recognitions & Awards
- Registered as a Medical Practitioner in the Principal List of the General Medical Council of London, (1984).
- Member of the International Immunocompromised Host Society, (1992).
- Member of the Greek Society of Infections, (1993).
- Member of the EORTC International Antimicrobial Cooperative Group, (1993).
- Member of the Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer, (1993).
- Member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, (1994).
- Founding member and Treasurer of the Balcan Union of Oncology and of the Balcan School of Oncology, (1995).
- Member of The New York Academy of Sciences, (1995).
- Elected member of the scientific organization HESMO – Hellenic Society of Medical Oncologists in the capacity of the President, (2015-2017)
- Editor in Chief of the medical magazine, "Bibliographic Information Bulletin", (1986)
- Head of Amnesty International's Medical Department in Emergency Action, (1985)
- Participation in the International Antimiocrobial Cooperative Group (IACG, EORTC) (1991-2002)
- Invasive Fungal Infections Cooperative Group, IFICG, EORTC, Treasurer, (1991 - 1996)
- Member of the Hospital Infectious Disease Control Committee of Metaxa Anti-Cancer Hospital, (1993-1997).
- Member of the Hospital Infectious Disease Control Committee of Evangelismos Hospital, (1997-2001).
- Secretary of the Editorial Committee of the journal "Step of Clinical Oncology", (1999-2000).
- Member (2001-2005) and then Chairman of the Hospital Infectious Disease Control Commission of the General Hospital of Chania, (2006-2015).
- Deputy Editor of the English-language Medical Journal "Forum of Clinical Oncology", (2007-2012).
- Coordinator of the Health Charter Group of the Prefecture of Chania, (2011).
- Coordinator of the Hospitals Task Force, 2011.
- President of the Hellenic Society of Medical Oncologists, (2015-2017)
- Invasive fungal infections in cancer patients. Prophylaxis of fungal infections. Editor: F. Meunier (Bailliere’s). London, 1995
- Impact of tumor angiogenic profile on the outcome of patients with metastatic breast carcinoma treated with weekly docetaxel. A Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group (HeCOG) study. Histology and histopathology 03/2015; DOI:10.14670/HH-11-612
- Predictive Biomarkers to Chemotherapy in Patients with Advanced Melanoma Receiving the Combination of Cisplatin - Vinblastine - Temozolomide (PVT) as First-line Treatment: A Study of the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group (HECOG). Anticancer research 02/2015; 35(2):1105-13.
- Talactoferrin alfa versus placebo in patients with refractory advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (FORTIS-M trial). Annals of Oncology 09/2013; DOI:10.1093/annonc/mdt371
- 3036 G-CSF use and neutropenic events in patients with breast and lung tumours: data from routine clinical practice (IMPACT Solid study). EJC Supplements 09/2009; 7(2):186-186.
- Ceftriaxone (CRO) plus gentamycin (GEN) and G-CSF, versus ciprofloxacin (CPR) plus gen and G-CSF, in febrile patients (PTS) with chemotherapy induced neutropenia. European Journal of Cancer 11/1995; 31. 1251
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in cancer patients. Cancer Treatment Reviews 10/1993; 19(4):387-413.
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in patients with cancer. An increasing incidence. Cancer 02/1993; 71(2):481-5.
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia: the pathogen, the diagnosis and recent advances in management. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents 02/1991; 1(2-3):97-108.