- Head of 1st Medical Oncology Dept. Henry Dunant Hospital Center (2016-present)
- Head of Internal Medicine Dept., General Hospital of Chania (2009-2015)
- Head of Medical oncology Dept. , General Hospital of Chania “Agios Georgios” (2001-2016)
- Senior Registrar of Medical Oncology Dept., General Hospital of Athens “Evangelismos” (1997-2001)
- Registrar of 1st Medical Oncology Dept., Anticancer Hospital “Metaxa” (1987-1997)
- Institut Jules Bordet, Cancerologie Medical (University of Brussels Oncology Centre) (1990-1992)
- Medical Oncology title of specialization, Athens prefecture, East Athens sector, 14199/1-7-1999, (1999)
- Diplome de competence particuliere en Cancerologie, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, (1992)
- Internal Medicine title of specialization, Piraeus prefecture, Y.Y 214.204/10-7-1987, (1987)
- B.Sc. in Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, (1980)
- Infectiology title of specialization (Ministry of Health and Welfare) (1997)
- Specialization in infections of cancer patients (Institut Jules Bordet, Bruxelles, Belgique) (1991)
Recognitions & Awards
- Registered as a Medical Practitioner in the Principal List of the General Medical Council of London, (1984).
- Member of the International Immunocompromised Host Society, (1992).
- Member of the Greek Society of Infections, (1993).
- Member of the EORTC International Antimicrobial Cooperative Group, (1993).
- Member of the Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer, (1993).
- Member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, (1994).
- Founding member and Treasurer of the Balcan Union of Oncology and of the Balcan School of Oncology, (1995).
- Member of The New York Academy of Sciences, (1995).
- Elected member of the scientific organization HESMO – Hellenic Society of Medical Oncologists in the capacity of the President, (2015-2017)
CLINICAL RESEARCH – EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Editor in Chief of the medical magazine, "Bibliographic Information Bulletin", (1986)
- Head of Amnesty International's Medical Department in Emergency Action, (1985)
- Participation in the International Antimiocrobial Cooperative Group (IACG, EORTC) (1991-2002)
- Invasive Fungal Infections Cooperative Group, IFICG, EORTC, Treasurer, (1991 - 1996)
- Member of the Hospital Infectious Disease Control Committee of Metaxa Anti-Cancer Hospital, (1993-1997).
- Member of the Hospital Infectious Disease Control Committee of Evangelismos Hospital, (1997-2001).
- Secretary of the Editorial Committee of the journal "Step of Clinical Oncology", (1999-2000).
- Member (2001-2005) and then Chairman of the Hospital Infectious Disease Control Commission of the General Hospital of Chania, (2006-2015).
- Deputy Editor of the English-language Medical Journal "Forum of Clinical Oncology", (2007-2012).
- Coordinator of the Health Charter Group of the Prefecture of Chania, (2011).
- Coordinator of the Hospitals Task Force, 2011.
- President of the Hellenic Society of Medical Oncologists, (2015-2017)
PUBLICATIONS OF SCIENTIFIC PAPERS IN JOURNALSMore than 100 papers are published in Greek journals. In addition, in remarkable global recognition journals, more than 80 papers have been published, in English and French, on original Oncology and Infection Studies.Participation in the writing of 15 books / monographs, (7 international and 8 Greek), indicative:
- Invasive fungal infections in cancer patients. Prophylaxis of fungal infections. Editor: F. Meunier (Bailliere’s). London, 1995
More than 400 Citations, 45 references to MEDLINE (45 Publications) are reported in the international literature.Publications in international medical journals (selection):
- Impact of tumor angiogenic profile on the outcome of patients with metastatic breast carcinoma treated with weekly docetaxel. A Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group (HeCOG) study. Histology and histopathology 03/2015; DOI:10.14670/HH-11-612
- Predictive Biomarkers to Chemotherapy in Patients with Advanced Melanoma Receiving the Combination of Cisplatin - Vinblastine - Temozolomide (PVT) as First-line Treatment: A Study of the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group (HECOG). Anticancer research 02/2015; 35(2):1105-13.
- Talactoferrin alfa versus placebo in patients with refractory advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (FORTIS-M trial). Annals of Oncology 09/2013; DOI:10.1093/annonc/mdt371
- 3036 G-CSF use and neutropenic events in patients with breast and lung tumours: data from routine clinical practice (IMPACT Solid study). EJC Supplements 09/2009; 7(2):186-186.
- Ceftriaxone (CRO) plus gentamycin (GEN) and G-CSF, versus ciprofloxacin (CPR) plus gen and G-CSF, in febrile patients (PTS) with chemotherapy induced neutropenia. European Journal of Cancer 11/1995; 31. 1251
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in cancer patients. Cancer Treatment Reviews 10/1993; 19(4):387-413.
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in patients with cancer. An increasing incidence. Cancer 02/1993; 71(2):481-5.
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia: the pathogen, the diagnosis and recent advances in management. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents 02/1991; 1(2-3):97-108.