1st Clinic of Pulmonary Medicine
The Clinic is active in all areas of modern pulmonary. Besides the hospitalization of serious cases, it provides primary care and conducts all respiratory tests.
Telephone: (+30)2106972140, (+30)2106972959
Call Center: (+30)210-6972000
Director: Varouchakis Georgios
Clinical services and specialization:
- Laboratory for the assessment of respiratory function
- Ergospirometry laboratory –cardiopulmonary exercise testing - ergometry
- Asthma – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Smoking Cessation
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary rehabilitation for COPD
- Bronchoscopic laboratory
The Assessment of Respiratory Function Laboratory carries out all tests for the assessment and monitoring of respiratory diseases, including:
- Measurement of static lung volumes
- Measurement of pulmonary diffusion capacity
- Airway resistance measurement
- Plethysmographic screening
- Respiratory muscle assessment
- Six-minute walk test
- Arterial blood gases
- Preoperative assessment
Sleep Study Laboratory
The study of sleep disorders is a cutting-edge activity in modern pulmonology. The Henry Dunant Hospital Center’s Sleep Study Laboratory employs medical staff specializing in sleep medicine and specialized technicians. The laboratory studies and treats Sleep Apnea Disorders that manifest with snoring, sleep apnea, daytime sleepiness, as well as sleep apnea disorders that cause or accompany cardiac, metabolic and neurological conditions as well as other sleep disorders:
- Heart conditions (hypertension, arrhythmias, infarction)
- Metabolic conditions (obesity, diabetes mellitus)
- Neurological conditions (Parkinson’s disease, myopathies, multiple sclerosis)
- Other sleep disorders (narcolepsy, sleep walking, nocturnal tremor)
The Ergospirometry Laboratory, fully equipped and staffed by a specialized Ergophysiologist, carries out Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing (CPET) which is an important clinical tool for the assessment of respiratory system adequacy in a variety of situations, such as preoperative screening and assessment of exercise-induced asthma in athletes.
The Bronchoscopic laboratory is equipped with state-of-the-art video bronchoscopes. This is the lab that performs bronchoscopies, records the bronchoscopy results and conducts invasive procedures.
Asthma and COPD laboratory
The Asthma Laboratory offers comprehensive diagnostic testing using specialized methods such as impedance plethysmography and exercise challenge tests with treadmill ergometer or methacholine administration. It also monitors the course of the disease and the effectiveness of the treatment. Patients also receive training, which is crucial step for the choice of treatment.
It diagnostically assesses interstitial diseases using modern methods, such as bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) and transbronchial biopsy.Fully equipped, state-of-the-art sleep study laboratory staffed by physicians specializing in sleep medicine and specially trained technicians who perform:
- Assessment and treatment of people with snoring and daytime sleepiness who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
- Care of patients with other sleep disorders, such as narcolepsy or neurological sleep disorders.
- In order to undergo a sleep study, patients are admitted to the hospital. It is worth noting that the laboratory has a contract with the EOPYY and private insurance companies.
It specializes in chronic obstructive pulmonarydDisease It is one of the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease units in Greece, that provides assistance to selected COPD patients.It aims in improving respiratory muscle function and respiratory function leading to the ultimate goal which is a better quality of life for our patients. It is a three-month program supervised by clinical experts and the department’s ergophysiologist in close collaboration with a physiotherapist and a team of dieticians.