4th Department of Internal Medicine
The Department provides high quality medical services in the fields of internal medicine with an additional specialization in infectious diseases. Our services are immediate and effective.
Our expertise includes management of patients with various infectious diseases such as urinary tract infections, respiratory tract infections (pneumonia, bronchitis, otitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis, etc.), blood stream infections, fever of unknown origin, viral infections, bone and joint infections, fungal infections, endocarditis, sexually transmitted diseases, postsurgical infections, HIV infection and AIDS, infections related to compromised immunity and travel-associated diseases.
We offer clinical services, available 24 hours a day, in the outpatient and inpatient setting. Our services include:
- The general internal medicine and infectious diseases consultation service with rapid collection, processing and evaluation of the results of various laboratory and imaging tests.
- The general internal medicine and infectious diseases inpatient service with the continuous monitoring of the course of the disease of hospitalized patients with multiple visits of the doctors of our department, close co-operation with the nursing staff of the hospital and excellent collaboration with competent and experienced doctors of all specialties for integrated patient health care.
- Continuous and thorough update of patients about the course of the disease (and their relatives).
- We are actively involved in research projects in the fields of internal medicine and infectious diseases. This activity leads to the publication of scientific articles in international journals with global impact.
Travelers may be exposed to health hazards that can challenge their entertainment or work (traveler’s diarrhea, malaria, yellow fever, typhoid fever, meningitis, and other diseases).
The members of our group provide high quality travel medicine services. We ensure that our associates have up to date scientific information that includes data on epidemics of infectious diseases in various parts of the world.
Our specialized partners in the field of travel medicine provide services including:
- Complete travel and medical history.
- Detailed clinical examination.
- Complete vaccination schedule, as appropriate.
- Tips for prophylaxis of diseases endemic to the areas visited by the traveler.
- Answers to the questions that people usually do when they are about to travel based on our great experience.