4th Clinic of Plastic, Aesthetic & Reconstructive Surgery
The 4th Clinic of Plastic Surgery consists of 4 plastic surgeons, each of whom has been trained and is specialized in one or more areas, to cover the hospital’s needs in the entire range of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery.
The close collaboration with doctors of related specialties and the team approach to the patient, enables us to treat problems of high complexity and risk, making the Henry Dunant Hospital a point of reference for modern Plastic Surgery.
In Plastic Surgery, modern science and experience are combined with art, talent, imagination, and moderation to produce the desired aesthetic and functional result. Plastic Surgery aims at the person’s “well-being”, at being healthy in body and soul, as those concepts are interrelated.
In particular, the areas of Plastic Surgery that our Clinic deals with can be divided into two major categories, which are closely related to each other and have common principles and techniques.
Aesthetic Surgery, which includes the following procedures:
- Rhinoplasty, simple or combined with surgery of the septum and nasal cavities.
- Otoplasty (protruding ear pinning)
- Face lift with all its variations
- Breast augmentation with fat transfer or silicone implants
- Breast lift
- Breast augmentation and modern breast lift
- Breast reduction (in case of macromastia or gigantomastia)
- Men macromastia - gynecomastia
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- Liposculpture and fat transfer
- Thigh and buttock lift.
Some of these procedures can be combined, with the most common combinations being those involving major weight loss.
Each of the above procedures involves a lot of technical variations as each case is unique and the solution is personalised.
Reconstructive Surgery, which includes:
- Breast reconstruction after mastectomy (this is a very complex field with many different techniques depending on the indications, the history and the wishes of the person concerned)
- Surgical removal of skin and soft tissue neoplasms and subsequent rehabilitation.
- Restoration of head and neck defects caused by cancer resections, injuries or radiation.
- Congenital or acquired eyelid anomalies.
- Repair of hernias and eviscerations of any origin.
- Hand surgery
- Treatment of ulcers of any origin and bedsores.
- Treatment of post burn deformities.
- Restoration of all types of defects by microsurgical methods.