2nd Department of Orthopedics
The 2nd Department of Orthopedics is staffed with prominent doctors involved in upper extremity and hand surgery and microsurgery with significant surgical experience and many years of training in overseas hospitals. At the same time it covers the whole spectrum of traumatology, spinal cord diseases and sports injuries, as it is manned with specialized doctors with many years of experience. In addition, the Department performs arthroplasty of small and large joints, and is considered the leader in implementing new breakthrough techniques (PRP, stem cell infusion) both in the upper extremity conditions and other musculoskeletal problems.
- Treatment of hand and upper extremity conditions
- Microsurgical interventions
- Arthroscopy – shoulder, cubitocarpal, knee, hip, ankle
- Acute and chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system
- Athletic injuries
- Spinal problems and conditions
- Discopathy and instability of the thoracic and lumbar spine
- Spinal deformities
- Spinal tumors
- Spinal fractures
- Specialised in the:
- Treatment of athletic knee injuries
- Total shoulder, hip, knee arthroplasty
- Total wrist – finger - arthroplasty
- Latest generation computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging: for immediate diagnostic results to the orthopedic physician for determining the type of patient’s treatment.
- Operating rooms that are fully equipped with all advanced means and high quality equipment, such as:
- Arthroscopy towers - Orthopedic X-ray equipment- Electronic microscopes for nerve or vascular injury restoration -Complete surgical kits, depending on the type of each surgical intervention.