1st Department of Ophthalmology
The 1st Department of Ophthalmology is a multidimensional model Ophthalmology unit, in which a wide range of ophthalmological diseases can be diagnosed and treated clinically and surgically.
The department’s outpatient clinics are fully equipped with the latest technology, are well-functioning and provide high quality services. Staffed with leading scientific and research personnel, it can provide high level of personalized care for chronic diseases as well as emergency cases, as required by the advancement of medical science in general, and modern ophthalmology in particular.
1) Outpatient clinics with specialized departments covering all areas of ophthalmology
- Complete ophthalmic examination
- Visual fields – automated perimetry
- LASER scanning tomography (LST)
- OCT for the study of macula and optic nerve
- Angiography with indocyanine green dye
- Fundus autofluorescence imaging
- Fundus-driven perimetry (microperimetry)
- LASER interventions: ARGON LASER, YAG LASER, SLT
2) One-day clinic (Outpatient clinic)
3) Surgical interventions
- Retinal diseases / Vitrectomy
- Intravitreal injections
- Eyelid and orbital surgery
4) Research activities
- Retinal pathology
The medical staff of the Ophthalmology Department of Henry Dunant Hospital Center has the necessary expertise to cover a wide range of ophthalmological conditions, such as:
- cataract, surgery of anterior segment
- glaucoma – retinal pathology (age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, other vascular diseases, genetic retinal diseases, etc.)
- surgical retinal diseases
- neuro-ophthalmic conditions (optic nerve and ocular motor disorders)
- eyelid disorders
- orbital diseases
- adult strabismus
Moreover, the nursing staff is specialized in handling patients with ophthalmological diseases.
Henry Dunant Hospital Center’s Department of Ophthalmology features state-of-the-art, integrated equipment that facilitates the application of the most modern methods to the patient's diagnostic and therapeutic approach.