4th Department of Neurosurgery
The 4th Department of Neurosurgery is engaged in the surgical treatment of brain and spinal cord diseases, spinal surgery (kyphosis, scoliosis, fractures, tumors, minimally invasive surgical techniques for the spine), Functional Neurosurgery, Peripheral Nerve surgery and Chronic Pain treatment.
Our department applies the most modern therapeutic methods in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment (conservative or surgical) of nervous system diseases always taking into account the human factor.
Our philosophy is centered on providing a personalized approach to every patient’s treatment, which is achieved through our physicians’ high level of expertise combined with the Hospital’s high-tech equipment.
- Spinal diseases
- (degenerative diseases, tumors, fractures, kyphosis, scoliosis)
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Techniques (Transdermal spinal fusion, Micro-endoscopic Discectomy, Kyphoplasty, Thoracoscopic –Laparoscopic Discectomy)
- Craniocerebral injuries
- Spine Injuries
- Tumors of the spine, brain and the spinal cord
- Functional Neurosurgery (Neuralgia, Pumps, Neurostimulators
- Surgical Treatment of Chronic Pain (Epiduroscopy, RF radio frequencies)
- Vascular conditions of the brain and the spinal cord
- Craniofacial Surgery
Within the context of the activities of the 4th Neurosurgery Department and for the safe conduct of our surgical interventions, the following special equipment is used. In particular:
- Surgical Microscope
- Intraoperative Neuromonitoring
- Flexible and rigid Endoscope
- RF (Radio frequencies)
- C-arm X-ray system