3rd Clinic of Breast Surgery
The 3rd Breast Surgery Clinic offers specialized care in benign and malignant breast diseases using the most modern oncoplastic techniques. The Clinic in collaboration with other medical specialties offers a comprehensive practice individualized to the needs of each woman.
Breast cancer is the most common malignant disease in women and the second in frequency most common cause of death in the entire female population. Early prevention means more effective treatment and/or cure. The 3rd Surgery Clinic focuses on caring for women with knowledge, dedication and respect.
- Breast screening.
- Early diagnosis and excision of benign breast tumor (nevus, papilloma, fibroadenoma, atypical hyperplasia, phyllodes tumor, hidradenitis, etc.).
- Lifelong follow-up of women with breast cancer.
- Follow-up of women with a family history of breast cancer.
- Abscess excision in inflammatory diseases (mastitis).
- Excision of non-palpable breast lesions (microcalcifications) detected by mammography after wire-guided localization (Ηook) and biopsy.
- Breast-conserving surgery.
- Breast reconstruction after mastectomy.
- Nipple-areola complex reconstruction.
- Lumpectomy for in situ or invasive cancer, with oncoplasty of any kind, depending on the location of the tumor in each quadrant of the breast.
- Total mastectomy.
- Skin sparing mastectomy.
- Nipple sparing mastectomy.
- Subcutaneous nipple-sparing mastectomy.
- Axillary lymph node dissection.
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy, specialized, minimally invasive axillary lymph node dissection to determine the stage of the disease, where necessary.
- Oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgery.
- Treatment of locally advanced breast cancer by placing special axillary lymph node clips and preoperative chemotherapy administration.
- Innovative mastectomy and reconstruction methods with the use of a mesh in one year.
The Clinic is equipped with all the necessary technological equipment, such as the use of a wire guide (Hook) and special clips for the excision of non-palpable lesions and intraoperative use of ultrasound to accurately detect lesions. HENRY DUNANT Hospital Center is equipped with a modern digital mammography system, high resolution breast ultrasound system, magnetic resonance mammography system, bone scintigraphy and specialized techniques for sentinel lymph node detection.