2nd Department of Surgery
The 2nd Department provides high quality medical services (on a regular and emergency basis) covering the entire spectrum of general surgery.
The department is staffed by internationally certified surgeons in minimally invasive surgical methods (laparoscopic surgery).
In the entirety, the provided services concern the surgical treatment of the following conditions:
- Metabolism – Morbid Obesity (longitudinal gastrectomy or sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass).
- Upper gastrointestinal tract (gastrectomy, treatment of diaphragmatic hernia)
- Lower gastrointestinal tract (appendicectomy, enterectomy, colectomy, treatment of hemorrhoids, rectal prolapse, anorectal abscesses and fistula-in-ano, anal ring fissure)
- Thyroid (thyroidectomy)
- Breast (lumpectomy with sentinel lymph node biopsy, axillary lymph node dissection, mastectomy, breast reconstruction)
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic diseases (laparoscopic cholecystectomy, hepatectomy, pancreatectomy)
- Hernias (inguinal, femoral, umbilical, hydrocele, postoperative hernias)
- Soft tissue diseases (skin and subcutaneous lesions, pilonidal cysts)
The Advanced Center of Laparoscopic Surgery of the 2nd Department of Surgery is staffed by internationally certified surgeons in minimally invasive surgical procedures and focuses on the treatment of the following conditions:
- Morbid obesity (Bariatric Surgery)
- Digestive system neoplasms