Did you know that microbes are normally found on all the surfaces that you touch? Protect yourself and others!
How can I protect myself and others from transmitting bacteria?
- Wash your hands.
- Use alcohol-based antiseptic solution.
When should I wash my hands?
- Once you return home.
- Before you start preparing food.
- Before each meal.
- Before and after using the toilet.
- Before and after taking care of a patient.
- After you blow your nose, after coughing or sneezing.
- After you come in contact with animals and/or their feces.
- After you throw away the garbage.
- Before and after treating a skin cut or a wound.
- Before you leave work.
- Every time you feel that your hands are dirty.
And what if I cannot wash my hands?
You can use the alcohol-based antiseptic solution and clean your hands from microbes as efficiently, as long as your hands are not noticeably dirty. Such solutions are available at various points within the Henry Dunant Hospital Center.
For more information:
HDHC Hospital Infections Control Committee
Tel.: 210 6972 475, 210 6972 000