- Director of the 2nd Ophthalmological Department Henry Dunant Hospital Center 2018-current
- Deputy Director of the 2nd Ophthalmological Department Henry Dunant Hospital Center 2009-2016
- Consultant of the Cornea Transplant Unit Henry Dunant Hospital Center 2005-2016
- Senior Registrar of the 2nd Ophthalmological Department Henry Dunant Hospital Center 2002-2009
- Consultant of the Cornea Transplant Unit “G. Gennimatas” Hospital 1993-2001
- Deputy Director of the State Ophthalmological Clinic “G. Gennimatas” Hospital 1988-2001
- Senior Registrar of the State Ophthalmological Clinic “G. Gennimatas” Hospital 1978-1988
- PhD at the Medical University of Athens 1987
- Ophthalmological Specialty at the State Ophthalmological Centre of Athens, “G. Gennimatas” Hospital 1974-1978
- Degree at the Medical School of the University of Athens 1973
- Cornea Surgery, Pathology, Traumatology, Cornea transplant
- Cataract and Glaucoma Surgery and Pathology
- Treatment of the refractive anomalies (myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism) with Excimer Laser.
- Eye Banking
1975-2018: I attended and actively participated in 132 International and Greek Conferences
- Treatment of the refractive anomalies with Excimer Laser at the LCU Eye Center, LCU University New Orleans (1991-1992)
- Eye Banking at the Eye- Bank for Sight Restoration, INC, New York. (1986-1987)
- Cornea Transplant, cornea surgery, traumatology and pathology at the New York Hospital of Cornel University New York (1986-1987)
- Cataract and Glaucoma surgery at the Manhattan Eye, Ear, Throat Hospital New York (1977-1978, 1986-1987)
Recognitions & Awards
- Establisher of the Cornea Transplant Unit at Henry Dunant Hospital Center in 2005. During 2005-2016 more than 310 corneal transplants took place in this Unit.
- Establisher of the first Corneal Transplant Unit in Greece at the State Ophthalmological Centre in Athens in 1993. During 1993-2001, more than 750 corneal transplants took place in this Unit.
- Guest at the Republic of Cyprus and I volunteered to operate on more than 60 corneal transplants at the State Hospital of Larnaka in 1999, 2001 and 2004.
- Greek Ophthalmological Society
- Greek Transplant Society
- Greek Cornea Society
- Greek Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Greek Glaucoma Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- European Eye Bank Association
- 40 international publications
- 164 Greek publications