- Director of Interventional Radiology, Henry Dunant Hospital Center, 2006-present
- Consultant, Department of Medical Imaging-Interventional Radiology, Henry Dunant Hospital 2001-2006
- European Board of Interventional Radiology Diplomate, EBIR, 2011
- American Board of Radiology Diplomate, ABR, lifetime certificate since 1999
- ECFMG Certification, valid indefinitely since 1994
- Title of Specialty in Diagnostic Radiology, Prefecture of Athens, 1994
- PhD, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Medical School, 1993
- Radiology Specialty Residency, “Evangelismos Hospital”, 1990-1994
- Medical Degree (MD), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Medical School, 1988
- Interventional Radiology (Interventional Oncology, Vascular and non-Vascular Radiology)
- Diagnostic Radiology (non-invasive Cardiac Imaging, Coronary Imaging, by-pass graft and peripheral vascular Imaging, CT/CTA, MRI/MRA of Chest and Abdomen)
- Clinical Fellow in Vascular-Interventional Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 1999-2001
- Resident in Diagnostic Radiology & Clinical Instructor House Staff, Ohio State University Hospitals, Columbus, OH, 1996-1999, American Board of Radiology
- Research Fellow in MRI, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI, 1995-1996
- Clinical Fellow in Body CT, Beth Israel Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 1994-1995
- Research Fellow in Radiology, Beth Israel Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 1992-1993
Recognitions & Awards
- 9 Editorial and 3 Scientific Awards (RSNA, ARRS, Radiology, Radiographics, CVIR)
- Member of 8 Scientific Medical Societies in Greece, Europe and USA
- Member of Board of Directors, Hellenic American Medical Society, 2002-2006
- Member of Cardiovascular Radiological Committee, Hellenic Radiological Society, 2006-2014
- Member of Board of Directors, Hellenic Society of Interventional Radiology, 2009-2016
- Member of Board of Directors, Athens Medical Society, 2010-present
- Member of Rules Committee, Cardiovascular and Interventional Society of Europe, 2011-2013
- Member of Ethics Committee, ENHC, 2012-2014
- Member of Scientific Program Committee, RSNA, Chicago, IL, USA, 2013-present
- Member of Scientific Committee of ENHC, 2014-2016
- Member of European Society for Medical Device Task Force, CIRSE, 2014-2016
- Board Examiner in European Board of Interventional Radiology Diploma, 2011-present
- Scientific Collaborator, University of Athens, Medical School, Chair of Anatomy, 2014-present
- Vrachliotis TG, Bis KG, Kirsch M, Shetty AN. Contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography in the pre-embolization assessment of a pulmonary arteriovenous malformation. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 1997;7:434-436.
- Vrachliotis TG, Pearlman JD, Baltopoulos G, Vrachliotis G, Bellenis I, Tatsis G, Vlahos L,Raptopoulos V. Radiographic determination of Total Lung Capacity in patients with pneumonectomy. Journal of Thoracic Imaging 1997;12:212-214.
- Vrachliotis TG, Bis KG, Aliabadi D, Shetty AN, Safian R, Simonetti O. Contrast enhanced breath-hold MR angiography in the evaluation of patency of coronary artery bypass grafts. American Journal of Roentgenology 1997;168:1073-1080.
- Vrachliotis TG, Vaswani KK, Davis EA, Elkhamas EA, Bennett WF, Bova JG. CT findings in posttransplantation lymphoproliferative disorders of renal transplants. American Journal of Roentgenology 2000;175:183-188.
- Vrachliotis TG, Sheiman RG, Brophy DP. Internal mammary artery pseudoaneurysm complicating central venous line placement: treatment with percutaneous thrombin injection. Cardiovascular & Interventional Radiology 2001;24:449-451.
- Vrachliotis TG, Bis KG, Shetty AN. Contrast-enhanced breath-hold 3D MR Angiography of the pulmonary arterial tree: The International Journal of Cardiac Imaging 2002;18(4):283-93.
- Sheiman RG, Vrachliotis TG, Brophy DP, Ransil BJ. Transmitted cardiac pulsations as an indicator of transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt function: initial observations. Radiology 2002;224(1):225-30.
- Vrachliotis TG, Tachtaras A, Doundoulakis N, Sheiman RG, Papadopoulos V, Stringaris KA. Percutaneous management of extensive clot trapped in a temporary vena cava filter. Journal of Endovascular Therapy 2003;10(5):1001-1005.
- Vrachliotis TG, Bis KG, Haidary A, Kosuri R, Balasubramaniam M, Gallagher M, Raff M, Ross M, O’Neil B, O’Neill W. Atypical Chest Pain: Coronary, Aortic, and Pulmonary Vasculature Enhancement at Biphasic Single-Injection 64-Section CT Angiography. Radiology 2007; 243: 368-376.
- Vrachliotis TG, Falagas ME. Commentary: Aortitis following percutaneous aortic side branch embolization prior to endovascular repair of infrarenal aortic aneurysm. Journal of Endovascular Therapy 2007;14:805-6.
Selected Book Chapters:
- Shirkhoda A, Vrachliotis TG, Bis KG. Undescended testis. In: Jafri Jafar SH, Amendola M,Diokono A, eds. Lower Genitourinary Radiology: Imaging and Intervention. Springer-Verlag 1997.
- Vrachliotis TG, Bis KG. Magnetic resonance assessment of coronary artery bypass graft patency. In: Coronary MRA, AJ Duerinckx, Editor, Springer-Verlag 2002.
- Vrachliotis TG, Bis KG, Dias L. Post-endograft imaging of the abdominal aorta and iliac arteries. In: Imaging of the Cardiovascular System. Ho and Reddy, Eds, Elsevier 2010.
- Dias L, Bis KG, Vrachliotis TG. Post-operative imaging of the abdominal aorta and iliac arteries. In: Imaging of the Cardiovascular System. Ho and Reddy, Eds, Elsevier 2010.