- Henry Dunant Hospital Center ICU Scientific Director 2014–today.
- Henry Dunant Hospital Center ICU Chief Medical Director during 2017.
- Henry Dunant Hospital Center ICU Senior doctor – ICU Consultant 2005-2014.
- Medical Responsible and Team Coordinator for Organ Transplantation in ENHC.
- ICU associate specialist at “Athens Central Clinic” (2005-2006).
- ICU associate specialist at the Pneumology Clinic “San Matteo” University Hospital, Pavia, Italy (2002- 2003).
Graduated at the Medical School of Pavia University, Italy (1989 – 1996).Specialization:
- Specialty doctor in ICU of Athens University General Hospital “Evaggelismos” (2003- 2005).
- Specialty doctor in Pneumology Clinic of Athens University Hospital of Thoracic Diseases “Sotiria” (1997-2002).
Scientific research:Clinical Research Fellow in protocol managementCompleted protocols:
- Chemotherapy in SCLC and NSCLC, I.V. clarithromycin administration in patients with VAP,
- Nebulised colymicin administration in patients with VAP due to multidrug resistant Gram (-) bacteria,
- I.V. fosfomycin administration in patients with infections due to multidrug resistant Klebsiella pn,
- Treatment of thrombocytopenia and complication in patients undergioing LMWH administration.
On – going protocols:
- Fast – track ICU management of patients with major cardiac surgery interventions (on and off-pump).
- Dexmedetomidine administration in early post – surgical period,
- Post –surgery SIRS treatment.
- Excellence Graduation degree from the Medical School of Pavia University, Italy.
- Graduation Master in disorder’s development in young female patients affected by polycystic ovaries.
- Candidate Senior Clinical Lecturer at the Medical School of Ioannina University, Greece. Candidate PhD in markers of SIRS in patients post –cardiac surgery.
- CALS certification in 2017.
- ALS certification in 2018.
Clinical skillsFiberoptic bronchoscopy. Advanced airway management, CVC and haemofiltration catheter insertion with and without U/S guidance, Thoracic and cardiac Echo, Transvenous pacemaker insertion, Swan – Ganz and Picco insertion, IABP insertion and functioning, Pericardial and pleural tube insertion, Lumbar spine puncture.
Recognitions & Awards
- Greek Pneumology Society
- Greek ICU Society
- In greek and international medical journals i.e. ERJ 2000, Ctirical Care 2005, Intensive Care Med 2006, J Antimicrob Chemoter 2007, Resp Med 2008. International Journal of Antimicrobiac Agents 2008, Clin Microbio Infect 2010.
- Lectures and posters in many greek and international conferences of medical societies (ESICM, ISICEM).