Interventional Neuroradiology Department
Floor: 1st Basement
- Clinical Associate, Department of Interventional Neuroradiology Henry Dunant Hospital Center
- Associate Professor of Radiology, European University of Cyprus, 2019 το date
- Professor and Head of the Division of Malformative Neurovascular Diseases, Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, Erasmus University Hospital, ULB, Brussels, Belgium 2017-2018
- Associate Researcher BioEM-XLim group, University of Limoges Unilim, France, 2014-to date
- Clinical Practitioner in the Department of Neuroradiology and Endovascular Treatments, CHU Besancon, France 2015-2017 and University Lecturer (2017), University of Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, Besançon, France
- Associated Head of Clinic, Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, CHRU Limoges, France, 2013-2015
- Clinical Practitioner, Department of Interventional Radiology, Eugenideion University Hospital, University of Athens, Greece (year 2012-2013)
- Clinical Fellow, Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, Pitié - Salpetrière University Hospital, Paris, France, 2010-2012
- Fellowship in Neuroradiology, sponsored by the European Society of Neuroradiology (ESNR), Saint Anne and Foch Hospitals, Paris, France, 2008-2009
- PhD in Medicine and Bachelor of Science, Athens Kapodistrian University, Greece, 2005-2010
- Master Diploma in Interventional Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Athens Kapodistrian University, Greece, 2003-2005
- Radiology Resident, 2nd – 5th years, Gennimatas Hospital Center, University of Athens, Greece, 2004-2008)
- Clinical Fellow, Department of Interventional Radiology, Eugenideion University Hospital, University of Athens, Greece, 2003
- 1st year of Radiology Residence, G. Genimatas Hospital, Rhodes, Greece, 2001-2002
- Doctor of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Athens Kapodistrian University, Greece (July 2001)
Interventional endovascular treatment of neurovascular diseases of the central nervous system (CNS): intracranial aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations and shunts (fistulas) in adults and children, thrombectomy for hyperacute ischemic stroke, endovascular treatment of carotid and intracranial stenoses, treatment of venous malformations in children and adults, endovascular diagnosis and treatment of intracranial hypertension due to obstruction by pacchioni
Development of new or novel materials and techniques for the treatment of intracranial aneurysms, flow diverting stents, quantification of intracranial flow with MRI and patient-specific computational fluid dynamics
- PhD in Medicine and Biology, BioSanté Doctoral School, University of Limoges, France, 2013-2015
- Inter-University Diploma in Medical Pedagogy, University of Limoges, Tours and Poitiers, France, 2013-2014
- University Diploma in Interventional Neuroradiology, University of Limoges, France, 2011
- Inter-University Diploma “Neurovascular Diseases- Diagnostic Imaging and Endovascular Treatment ", University Paris Descartes, Paris, France, year 2008-2009
- International Diploma in Neurovascular Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Paris - Sud , France, 2006-2008)
- Master in Healthcare Management, Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM), Paris, France and French Institute of Athens, 2006-2008
Recognitions & Awards
- Ability to lead scientific research diploma (Habilitation a Diriger des Recherches HDR, the highest academic diploma in France), Neurosciences, University of Limoges, France, 2018
- Scholarship from the European Society of Neuroradiology for young Neuroradiologists, 2008
Senior member of:
- World Federation of Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiology (WFITN)
- French Society of Neuroradiology (SFNR)
- European Society of Neuroradiology (ESNR)
Fifty two (52) publications in scientific journals and one book chapter; more than 20 communications in scientific congresses, many of which as invited speaker. Organization and participation in the organization of congress (one and two, respectively)
- Iosif C., Freitas de Lucena A, Abreu-Mattos L. G., Espindola V.H., El Ghanam A., Saleme S., Caire F., Mounayer C. (2018). Curative endovascular treatment for low grade Spetzler-Martin brain arteriovenous malformations: a single-center prospective study (Journal of Neurointerventional Surgery, 2019 Jan 2. pii: neurintsurg-2018-014390. doi: 10.1136/ neurintsurg - 2018-014390. [Epub ahead of print])
- Christina Iosif, Alessandra Biondi (2018). Braided stents and their impact in intracranial aneurysm treatment for distal locations: from low profile stents to flow diverters, Experts’ review of Medical Devices Expert Rev Med Devices. 2019 Mar;16(3):237-251. Epub 2019 Feb 6.
- Iosif, C., P. Berg, S. Ponsonnard, P. Carles, S. Saleme, E. Pedrolo-Silveira, G. Mendes, E. Waihrich, G. Trolliard and C.-Y. Couquet (2016). "Role of terminal and anastomotic circulation in the patency of arteries jailed by flow-diverting stents: animal flow model evaluation and preliminary results." Journal of neurosurgery 125(4): 898-908.
- Iosif, C., P. Berg, S. Ponsonnard, P. Carles, S. Saleme, S. Ponomarjova, E. Pedrolo-Silveira, G. A. Mendes, E. Waihrich and G. Trolliard (2016). "Role of terminal and anastomotic circulation in the patency of arteries jailed by flow-diverting stents: from hemodynamic changes to ostia surface modifications." Journal of neurosurgery 126(5): 1702-1713.
- Iosif, C., Y. Camilleri, S. Saleme, F. Caire, C. Yardin, S. Ponomarjova, M.-P. Boncoeur-Martel and C. Mounayer (2015). "Diffusion-weighted imaging–detected ischemic lesions associated with flow-diverting stents in intracranial aneurysms: safety, potential mechanisms, clinical outcome, and concerns." Journal of neurosurgery 122(3): 627-636.
- Iosif, C., J.-C. Lecomte, E. Pedrolo-Silveira, G. Mendes, M.-P. Boncoeur Martel, S. Saleme and C. Mounayer (2017). "Evaluation of ischemic lesion prevalence after endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms, as documented by 3-T diffusion-weighted imaging: a 2-year, single-center cohort study." Journal of Neurosurgery: 1-10.
- Iosif, C., G. A. Mendes, S. Saleme, S. Ponomarjova, E. P. Silveira, F. Caire and C. Mounayer (2015). "Endovascular transvenous cure for ruptured brain arteriovenous malformations in complex cases with high Spetzler-Martin grades." Journal of neurosurgery 122(5): 1229-1238.
- Iosif, C., C. Mounayer, K. Yavuz, S. Saleme, S. Geyik, H. Cekirge and I. Saatci (2017). "Middle cerebral artery bifurcation aneurysms treated by extrasaccular flow diverters: midterm angiographic evolution and clinical outcome." American Journal of Neuroradiology 38(2): 310-316.
- Iosif, C., M. Papathanasiou, E. Staboulis and A. Gouliamos (2012). "Social factors influencing hospital arrival time in acute ischemic stroke patients." Neuroradiology 54(4): 361-367.